By Kate E. Tunstall
Read or Download Blindness and Enlightenment: An Essay: With a new translation of Diderot's 'Letter on the Blind' and La Mothe Le Vayer's 'Of a Man Born Blind' PDF
Similar poverty books
The literature on progress and poverty is voluminous and nonetheless evolving. This identify distills crucial classes from constructing international locations' adventure with development and poverty. It offers a wide realizing of the impression of monetary rules on progress and poverty aid in constructing nations.
The creation of ‘human waste’ – or extra accurately, wasted lives, the ‘superfluous’ populations of migrants, refugees and different outcasts – is an inevitable final result of modernization. it truly is an unavoidable side-effect of financial development and the hunt for order that is attribute of modernity. so long as huge elements of the area remained utterly or partially unaffected by means of modernization, they have been handled via modernizing societies as lands that have been in a position to take up the surplus of inhabitants within the ‘developed countries’.
Public housing initiatives have been the unique kind of executive supported housing for low-income citizens. over the past fifty years many initiatives have struggled with excessive crime premiums and various social difficulties. One resolution proposed to handle those ongoing concerns is granting citizens decision-making energy inside of their group by way of changing right into a co-operative.
The important debates on govt this present day are fascinated by its social function, its participation within the economic climate, and its redistributive duties. those capabilities, no longer outlined within the structure, replicate the evolution of society and its values and the strong yet jerky hand of the political strategy.
- What Works in Development?: Thinking Big and Thinking Small
- The State of Social Welfare: The Twentieth Century in Cross-National Review
- Strategic Collaboration in Public and Nonprofit Administration: A Practice-Based Approach to Solving Shared Problems (ASPA Series in Public Administration and Public Policy)
- No One Will Let Her Live: Women's Struggle for Well-Being in a Delhi Slum
- Welfare through Work: Conservative Ideas, Partisan Dynamics, and Social Protection in Japan
- Kinship Care: Increasing Child Well-Being Through Practice, Policy, and Research
Additional info for Blindness and Enlightenment: An Essay: With a new translation of Diderot's 'Letter on the Blind' and La Mothe Le Vayer's 'Of a Man Born Blind'
Blindness and Enlightenment: An Essay: With a new translation of Diderot's 'Letter on the Blind' and La Mothe Le Vayer's 'Of a Man Born Blind' by Kate E. Tunstall